Stop Smoking the Natural Way
Ready to kick your tobacco habit for good? Let Natural Med Therapies, in Largo, FL, give you the support you need to quit smoking naturally. Dr. Machelle Perkins is a national and Florida state board certified Doctor of Oriental Medicine with more than 10 years’ experience. Just five of our acupuncture and/or laser-based smoking cessation sessions will alleviate withdrawal symptoms and prevent weight gain associated with quitting smoking.
If you’ve tried to quit before, you know you must be mentally and physically prepared to withstand the effects of quitting smoking. The smoking cessation treatment at Natural Med Therapies has a 95 percent success rate. Trust Natural Med Therapies to provide an effective cessation treatment plan for your smoking addiction.
Smoking Cessation therapy will end your craving
Get the help you need to combat your cravings. Dr. Perkins has helped people throughout Tampa Bay, including Tampa, St. Petersburg, Clearwater, Largo, Dunedin, Pinellas Park, Belleair, Seminole, and Indian Rocks Beach quit smoking without gaining weight. After a series of five acupuncture and/or laser treatments at Natural Med Therapies, you will not get the urge to smoke nor will you feel withdrawal effects, which often lead you to smoke again.
What to expect at your acupuncture smoking cessation treatment
Several acupuncture needles are placed on the ear. Dr. Perkins also uses a laser treatment, which stimulates points on the body. You will feel calm and naturally uplifted because the laser helps the release of endorphins, which imitates pleasant nicotine effects. Other prescribed herbs help control your sugar cravings, so you don’t gain weight when quitting cigarettes.
Nicotine: The primal enemy during smoking cessation
Quitting is hard, but Natural Med Therapies can make it easier for you to kick your nicotine habit for good. When you smoke, nicotine is absorbed into the bloodstream. Your heart, blood vessels, and brain are directly impacted. Smoking also interferes with your hormones and metabolism. Smokers get hooked to nicotine because the immune system adapts to it. Over time, you end up smoking more cigarettes to achieve the desired effects.
When you quit on your own, your withdrawal symptoms are both mental and physical. Since your body is attempting to return to its normal state, you might get headaches, nightmares, feel restless, tired, or experience an increase in appetite.
Quitting smoking alone requires mental preparation, strength, and behavioral changes. You may feel faint, depressed, anxious, irritable, and suffer difficulty concentrating. These negative effects can lead you back to the habit.
Be optimistic. Health improvements outweigh the short-term effects you may experience. Visit Natural Med Therapies in Largo to get started on the path to recovery.
Steps to quit smoking
Take the first step to living a healthy, nicotine-free life with our acupuncture treatment plan. Natural Med Therapies has 95% success rate and helped Tampa Bay residents in Tampa, St. Petersburg, Clearwater, Largo, Dunedin, Pinellas Park, Belleair, and Indian Rocks Beach quit successfully. Here’s how you can help kick your habit for good:
- Push it out of sight: Clean your house and car to get rid of the smoke smell. Throw away your ashtrays and cigarette packs, too.
- Pick a substitute savior: Mimic the act of putting a cigarette in your mouth by chewing on a toothpick, hard candy, straws, or gum.
- Find a helping hand: Once you’ve picked a quit day, tell your peers and family about your call to action. Ask them for support.
- Acknowledge personal strength: Quitting smoking will be an emotional and physical rollercoaster. Be confident in your abilities to kick the habit. You will thank yourself in years to come.
- Keep it up: If you don’t succeed, try again. Don’t quit quitting until you actually kick your nicotine habit.
How to quit smoking cigarettes
- Write your reasons: Grab the closest piece of paper and write down why you want to quit and the benefits you, your friends, and family will experience by your actions. You give yourself more of an incentive to quit by personalizing the benefits.
- Enhance activity: Exercise daily. Smoking limits your activity level and ability to breathe during exercise. If you quit smoking and exercise on a regular basis, you will be amazed at how easily you can breathe. Don’t push your body to the limit at first. Take baby steps.
- Stay busy: Plan other activities that keep you active so you are not thinking about smoking. If you are able, change your daily routine so you do not put yourself in past situations that led you to smoke.
- Flush with fluids: Flush your system of nicotine by drinking a lot of water. Avoid alcohol because some people are more prone to smoking when they drink.
- Don’t kid yourself: Those cigarettes should be long gone in the trash. Do not keep any near, on, or by you. Do not buy any more and definitely avoid asking another smoker for a quick cheat.